AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) is the only full-time residential program through AmeriCorps.
- A 10-month, team-based program
- Open to men and women between the ages of 18 and 24.
- NCCC members serve in teams based out of five campuses located across the country, including one in Vinton, Iowa.
- Each team receives basic training before embarking on a series of short-term (six to eight week) service projects in their region. Projects may address needs related to disaster relief, public safety, environmental concerns, education, and unmet human needs.
- Members serving in AmeriCorps NCCC are provided with housing, meals, medical benefits, uniforms, and may be eligible for child care assistance, if necessary.
- They receive a limited living allowance and a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award once they successfully complete their term of service.
- Applicants to NCCC must meet the same education and citizenship requirements of other AmeriCorps programs.
Ready to join AmeriCorps NCCC? Apply online at www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps or contact the North Central Region Campus at 319.472.9664 or email@example.com for more information about recent and upcoming NCCC service sites.