Serve as a VISTA with Volunteer Iowa
The Volunteer Iowa AmeriCorps VISTA project places members with host sites throughout the state of Iowa, focusing on Education, Economic Opportunity and Healthy Futures initiatives in close collaboration with the Governor’s Office to combat poverty in the state of Iowa.
Who can join?
AmeriCorps VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens age 18 and older. You do not need to be a resident of Iowa to accept a Volunteer Iowa VISTA position.
What are the benefits?
In addition to the personal and professional benefits of serving your country, here’s a list of the benefits Volunteer Iowa VISTA members receive:
- Living Allowance $11,880 before taxes, paid biweekly
- End of Service Benefit ($5,815 Education Award or $1,500 cash stipend)
- VISTA Health Benefit
- Child Care benefit (if eligible)
- Loan Forbearance and interest payment during service
- Relocation allowance
- VISTA Benefit Details
Where can I serve?
The following positions are currently available:
- Iowa Public Television VISTA, Johnston, Iowa
- CFGD Community Legacy Program VISTA, Dubuque, Iowa
- Keokuk Volunteer Engagement VISTA, Keokuk, Iowa
- Keokuk Workforce Development VISTA, Keokuk, Iowa
- DCDC Workforce Enrichment VISTA, Leon, Iowa
- ICAA Community Engagement VISTA, Des Moines, Iowa
- Volunteer Iowa VISTA Leader, Des Moines, Iowa
- Iowa Mentoring Partnership, Des Moines, Iowa
- EFR Prevention Associate VISTA, Des Moines, Iowa
- CASA Volunteer Recruitment VISTA, Storm Lake, Iowa; Ottumwa, Iowa; and, Fort Dodge, Iowa
Visit our page on Service Year to view all of the openings above, plus other opportunities to serve across the state.
How can I apply?
All applications are submitted through the MyAmeriCorps portal. Create an application, and once it’s complete you may submit it to as many positions as you would like.
What if I have questions?
Contact Donya Harvey, VISTA Leader, 515.725.1224, firstname.lastname@example.org