OnCorps Instructions for Set-Up and Technical Assistance
Time Sheet set up:
- You need to determine whether you’d like the standard or the enhanced time sheets.
- You can copy over your information and members from 19-20. This should save you some time, but ALL of your members will come over, you cannot pick and choose which ones to bring to 20-21.
- This is a good basic overview of the time sheet set up. https://secure.oncorpsreports.com/pdfs/OCRHelp_New_Timesheet_SetUp.pdf
- For the start date in OnCorps, use the first date of the first pay period when your members will be using OnCorps. If they started in IowaGrants, do not use that start date because it will create blank timesheets in OnCorps.
- When time sheet dates are initially set up, please consider whether you generally request a no cost extension. If you do, you should extend your time sheet dates to incorporate that time period when you first set up the time sheets. For example, if you know members will be serving through 11/30/21, you should use that as the end date and not 8/31/21 (the current end date for your grant agreement). It’s much easier to have the time sheets generated now and there is no harm in having unused time sheets at the end.
- Remember: if use the subcategories feature in the time sheets, changes during the grant year are limited. Please be thoughtful when selecting category names.
- If you select the option to provide your members a description box for each day (Enhanced time sheet option), please plan to provide training on appropriate information to be included in the text boxes. This will require additional monitoring at the site and program level.
- Comments added in the general comment area (in the area below where member and site supervisor approvals are noted) cannot be removed.
- If you select the option to automatically round to the nearest quarter hour, please make certain that when you exit members you continue to round down when certifying member hours in eGrants.
- Please enter this supervisor approval language:
By clicking submit, the member certifies that the time reported as program service, training and fundraising hours are true and correct and did not include any service activities prohibited by law, regulation or grant provisions. Further the member understands that a knowing and willful false statement on this form can be punished under federal law (Section 1001 of Title 18, USC).
Setting up OnCorps:
- Program participants should be set up in the order of the forms provided:
- Service Sites
- Site Supervisors
- Members (can be brought over from eGrants electronically – see instructions in OnCorps)
- You do not need to complete the information for the funding source or the slots.
- Emails are required for the site.
- You will need to attach the site supervisor to a specific site. You may attach more than one supervisor per site.
- You can create a site supervisor account for yourself, particularly if you provide regular training for member.
- Emails are required.
- Please enter this supervisor approval language:
By clicking submit, the supervisor certifies that the time reported as program service, training and fundraising hours are true and correct and did not include any service activities prohibited by law, regulation or grant provisions. Further the supervisor understands that knowing and willful approval of a false statement on this form can be punished under federal law (Section 1001 of Title 18, USC).
- Please see below for specific information on the fields in OnCorps and how they are to be used by Iowa programs.
- There are many required fields in the member profile. One of the fields that’s not required but is critical is the status field. You must move the status from “select one” to “enrolled”. If you do not do this, the member will be unable to login.
- You will set a login and a temporary password when you complete the member profile. Volunteer Iowa suggests that you keep a spreadsheet with the names and logins with temp logins given for each person. You must require and provide instructions to your members and site supervisors to change their password when they first enter the system after using the temporary password.
- Once members have been added, you will be able to add documents related to each member. Add the member MSA/PD, into the files tab.
- Member files can also be added by going to REPORTING>VIEW SERVICE REPORTS>INDIVIDUAL MEMBER REPORTS. All member will appear in this report, including slot type, start and end dates, exit date (if applicable) and the ability to access the member RECORDS and FILES.
- If you select “yes” under Accompaniment required, the member will be required to add information about who provided accompaniment on each date prior to time sheet approval. This does not meet Volunteer Iowa accompaniment standards.
Other things to consider:
- You can notify members of time sheet due dates and when time sheets are past due but setting up Notifications. To do this go to Tools > Notifications and Reminders
- You can add resources and other documents needed for all members to the Resources Page. This is under Tools > Website and Resource Page.
- Site supervisors will receive a notification when members submit time sheets.
The fields highlighted in yellow below are required to be completed by the program for each member and are considered part of the official recordkeeping for Iowa programs. The other fields on the form may be used by programs for internal management purposes, however, they are not considered to be official program records and will not be monitored or directed by Volunteer Iowa.