Give Back Iowa Challenge
3rd annual Give Back Iowa Challenge Winners!
The 2017 Give Back Iowa Challenge had 56 participating organizations—representing over 56,450 employees in Iowa—that logged over 59,000 volunteer hours. According to the current Iowa volunteer rate per hour from the Independent Sector, the value of these hours exceeds $1.3 million. Winners were selected in three categories based on employer size and the highest average number of volunteer hours per employee. The 2017 winners include:
- Small: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa, Waterloo
- Honorable Mention: Worldly Goods, Ames
- Medium: First Citizens Bank, Mason City
- Honorable Mention: West Music Company, Coralville
- Large: Bankers Trust, Des Moines
- Honorable Mention: Riverside Casino and Golf Resort, Riverside
Volunteer Iowa would also like to recognize the additional employers that rounded out the overall Top Ten in the Challenge with the highest average number of volunteer hours per employee:
- Iowa Healthcare Collaborative
- Lessing-Flynn Advertising
- Volunteer Center of Story County
- Make-A-Wish Iowa
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa
- Green Valley Pest Control & Lawn Care
- Story County Conservation
Save the Dates for Next Year!
April 1 - May 31, 2018. Help make Iowa a leader in employer-organized volunteering. See the benefits employee volunteers can bring to your company and plan to participate.
It’s a simple, fun way to get out in your community!
Join our e-mail list to make sure you don't miss important announcements about the 2018 Challenge.