Hosting an AmeriCorps Program
Start Your Own AmeriCorps Program
Perhaps you have heard of AmeriCorps or maybe you’ve seen some AmeriCorps members in action and now you want to know how to get AmeriCorps members to help your organization. The type of program that will work best for your agency depends on the number of AmeriCorps members you need, the type of service you wish them to provide, and the length of time you desire them to serve with your organization. Use the chart How to Partner with AmeriCorps Programs to determine which type is best for you. Then, follow the links below to learn more details.
- Volunteer Iowa awards AmeriCorps State grants to programs operating within Iowa. Get information and links to our application materials on our AmeriCorps State page.
For more information about how to apply for the other two branches of AmeriCorps, click on the links below or visit the "Grants" section of the Corporation for National and Community Service website.
No matter which type of AmeriCorps member you wish to bring to your agency, you must meet certain basic eligibility requirements.
Eligible hosts for AmeriCorps members:
- Nonprofit organizations
- State and local governments
- Faith-based institution
- Tribal organizations
- A combination of the above organizations
Host an AmeriCorps Member Through a National or State Intermediary
In addition to applying directly for an AmeriCorps program, you may be able to host a member through an existing AmeriCorps National or State Intermediary. These programs sub-grant member positions to individual host sites. To find out more about these types of programs operating in Iowa, contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.308.5987.
Current Iowa AmeriCorps State Programs
- Volunteer Iowa maintains a directory of our Current Iowa AmeriCorps State Programs
- The Corporation for National and Community Service provides reports about all National Service in Iowa
- AmeriCorps Communications Toolkit. Branding documents referenced in toolkit: